IE3 Student Ambassador Program
IE3 Global Internships recognizes that our alumni embody the personal, professional and cross-cultural growth that is possible through our international internship opportunities. Our Student Ambassador Program is one platform we provide our exceptional alumni to share their unique experiences with our partner campuses.
The IE3 Global Internships Student Ambassador Program enhances IE3’s presence and services on our partner campuses by providing opportunities for prospective, current and past IE3 interns to connect. IE3 Student Ambassadors represent IE3 Global Internships as a whole as well as the internship site and the country in which they interned.
This year, we are hiring a pair of IE3 Global Internships Student Ambassadors at each of the following campuses:
Oregon State University
Portland State University
University of Oregon
University of Washington
- Successful completion of an IE3 Global Internship.
- Status as a current student in good academic standing at one of the aforementioned partner campuses.
- Work closely with the IE3 Student Ambassador Supervisor, your study abroad programs office, and fellow IE3 Student Ambassadors to coordinate promotion activities.
- Promote IE3 Global Internships on your home campus by sharing your first-hand experience as an IE3 intern.
- Represent IE3 Global Internships at study abroad and employment fairs on your home campus.
- Offer guidance to prospective interns by sharing your knowledge of your internship site and world region and directing them to appropriate IE3 and campus resources.
- Provide support and resources for IE3 alumni both on home campus and via social networking communities.
- Assist with the IE3 Pre-departure Orientation and Site Orientations (where applicable).
- Contribute to IE3’s presence on online social networking communities such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Respond to general program questions via e-mail.
- Keep logs tracking your work hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Enthusiasm for sharing about your international internship experience with students, faculty, and staff within your university!
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with limited on-campus supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with a virtual team (program meetings and supervision will rarely take place in-person).
- Self-motivated, professional and reliable.
- Public speaking experience.
- Enrollment at one of the four aforementioned partner campuses for the upcoming academic year.
- Enthusiasm for international education and interest in learning more about the field.
Time Commitment and Compensation:
- IE3 Global Internships Student Ambassadors must be able to commit to an average of 12 hours of work a month and will earn an hourly wage of $12.50.
- Connect with fellow students about your international internship experience.
- Build leadership and communication skills.
- Gain advising experience.
- Increase your involvement on your home campus.
- Build outreach, recruitment and public speaking experience.
- Acquire greater knowledge and understanding of the field of International Education
- Build skills in using social networking communities for mentoring and marketing purposes.
- Gain administrative skills and experience.
Application Process and Timeline:
To learn more about the current IE3 Student Ambassadors, read their bios under the Student Ambassadors tab on IE3's Contact page.