Your IE3 program fee includes international health insurance, provided by Gallagher Koster. The plan includes 24-hour emergency support by Europ Assist and zero deductible health insurance. This plan is provided as a complement to whatever health insurance you normally have in the U.S. The information below is a brief summary of the two-part policy. Please read the Oregon University System Study Abroad Plan Brochure detailing coverage and exclusions as well as the Plan Eligibility Highlights
IE3 interns will be enrolled in the deluxe plan, which is underwritten by the Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania. Claims are administered by Health Special Risk, Inc. (see the end of this page for details on filing a claim).
You will be automatically enrolled for insurance coverage for the duration of your internship. Check your IE3 acceptance letter or cost sheet for exact coverage dates. You will also receive an enrollment email from Gallagher Koster with a confirmation letter and ID card. Print your medical ID card and carry it with you. You will need to reference the information on it in an emergency or when you file a claim.
Once enrolled, you will be able to access and print your ID card, the plan brochure and claim forms at the Gallagher Koster webpage.
If you have questions about the information you received, contact:
Gallagher Koster Customer Service Department
In U.S.: 1-877-275-5867 or 1-617-769-6096
Outside the U.S. : +1 (617) 770-9889
Fax: +1 (617) 479-0860
- Up to $200,000 lifetime coverage per incident/injury/illness
- $0 (zero) deductible (Note: Be prepared to pay for your medical care up front. Once you submit a claim to Health Special Risk, Inc., you will be reimbursed for eligible charges.)
- 24-hour emergency support from Europ Assist, including guaranteed hospital admission, emergency medical evacuation, prescription assistance, and repatriation of remains. Note: Europ Assist should be contacted first to assist you in finding appropriate medical care. Outside the U.S. +1 (713) 260-5592, inside the U.S. +1 (877) 244-6871
Europ Assist- When You Require Immediate Assistance
1. Contact EUROP ASSIST
+1 (609) 375-9190 (Collect from outside the United States)
+1 (888) 870-2947 (Toll-free within the United States)
Use Policy Number: SRPO-50416-405
2. Contact (or have someone contact) the IE3 Global Internships program
Main Office (during office hours): +1 (541) 737-3006 or +1 (541) 346-7498
Oregon State University Office of Public Safety (after hours or on weekends): +1 (541) 737-3010
Filing a Claim
For non-emergency care, you will be required to pay up-front for services, collect receipts and then file a claim.
- To file a claim, you will neorm.pded to complete a claim form with Health Special Risk, Inc. A link to this claim form can be found in your insurance confirmation email. To download a new form, click here.
- Fill out the form and submit it with your receipts for treatment. You will need the Policy Number SRPO-50416-405 provided on your insurance ID card and in your confirmation letter. Your Medical ID number is the same as your student ID number at your home institution.
- Keep copies of the claim form and the receipts for yourself.
- Send the completed claim form (one per incident) to:
Health Special Risk, Inc.
4100 Medical Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
If you have any questions, contact Health Special Risk, Inc. directly:
In the U.S. only: +1 (866) 523-3183
Leisure Travel and Dependent Coverage
If you plan to remain outside the U.S. beyond the dates you are covered by the program or if a partner or dependent plans to accompany you during your internship, it is recommended you purchase supplementary health insurance that covers reimbursement for medical expenses, emergency evacuation and repatriation of remains. There are many providers of such insurance and we recommend you shop for the one that most closely meets your coverage needs. A list of some of these providers can be found on the U.S. Department of State website. This list is provided for informational purposes only and does not represent an endorsement of any of the providers on the part of the Oregon University System and the IE3 Global Internships program.
Gallagher Koster , the insurance provider used by IE3 and through which you receive coverage during your internship, also offers a Leisure Travel Extension Plan and Dependent Enrollment. For details and information on how to enroll, visit the Gallagher Koster webpage (Note: follow links under the "Student Access" portion of the website at the top left-hand corner).
Please click here for a list of FAQ's regarding the insurance coverage through Gallagher Koster.